Store your BigCommerce customers and subscribers in specific address books in Dotdigital.
It’s possible to sync both your subscribers and customers between your BigCommerce store and Dotdigital.
Your subscribers are customers who have opted-in to your marketing emails. We will sync these contacts into an address book called Store subscribers by default, but you can change this if you want to.
Your customers are all the contacts who have purchased something through your site. So, your customers will include your subscribers plus any contacts who haven’t opted-in to your marketing. For this reason, we don’t sync your customers by default, but if you choose to sync your customers, you can select an address book to store them in.
You can find out more about contact consent by checking out the Contact opt-in types article.
Select address books for subscribers and customers.
To map your BigCommerce subscribers and customers to the correct Dotdigital address books:
- In Dotdigital, go to Integration hub.
- Under the Active tab, select BigCommerce.
- Under the heading Contacts, Expand the Sync subscribers to drop-down menu, then select the Dotdigital address book that you want to sync your subscribers to.
- If you’re also choosing to sync your customers, expand the Sync customers to drop-down menu, then select the Dotdigital address book to sync your customers to.
It’s important to remember that not all customers have subscribed into marketing communications. If you choose to sync them, make sure you sync them to an address book that won’t be used for marketing communications.
- Select SAVE.
Dotdigital updates these contact data fields:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Shipping address (default address)
- Subscriber Status (accepts_marketing)
When a customer unsubscribes through Dotdigital, accept_marketing changes to false and accepts_marketing_updated_at changes to the current date.
These contact data fields are then updated in BigCommerce. This happens during the next scheduled sync. Dotdigital syncs incremental updates; historical data isn’t synchronised. If a customer doesn't exist in BigCommerce, Dotdigital doesn’t create the customer during the synchronisation.
Recording consent for your contacts
Consent is an agreement between you and your contacts about your intentions with their personal data. We let you store this consent in a free Insight data collection called ConsentInsight. You can capture consent for your contacts, using one of the following:
- A signup form
- An embedded form (Pages and forms)
- The API
- The manual in-app importer