Learn about the NetSuite ERP integration for synchronising data between NetSuite and Dotdigital.
Use our NetSuite integration to synchronise your NetSuite data with Dotdigital; synchronise customers, opt-ins, orders and product catalogs to allow you to gain valuable insight into your sales data to drive re-engagement and focus your marketing.
Availability: Private preview
The NetSuite integration is currently only available as a private preview; please contact your Customer Success Manager if you are interested in using this integration.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must have a NetSuite account.
- You must be able to sign in to NetSuite with admin privileges.
- You should be familiar with NetSuite and the records structure.
Knowledge of SuiteQL is useful, but not necessary.
- You must have enrolled your NetSuite account on the Oracle NetSuite Umbrella Beta Program
The instructions to enrol can be found on the NetSuite help centre.
- You must not have more than 400,000 combined contacts, prospects, customers and leads.
If you only intend to sync some of these data types, then this can be no more than 400,000 combined records for the types you want to sync. Contact us if your data exceeds this limit.
Features of the integration
Our NetSuite ERP integration supports:
- Syncing the following data types in either direction or bi-directionally between both systems:
- Contacts / Customers
- Bi-directional syncing of opt-in status.
- Syncing of order data from NetSuite into Dotdigital.
- Syncing of product catalogs from NetSuite into Dotdigital with support for product packages.
Protect your data
We strongly recommend setting up the NetSuite integration using your NetSuite sandbox account and Dotdigital sandbox account first. By doing this, you can test your settings and ensure the data syncs correctly.
Things you should know:
- If you have the same email address assigned to a contact and a customer record it could lead to data being overwritten or lost in NetSuit, Dotdigital, or both if syncing both contacts and customers. This is due to the fact that NetSuite has separate entity type for contacts and customers which are both mapped to a Dotdigital contact using the email address as the identifier.
- Imports which are blocked by the Dotdigital Data Watchdog will not sync the opt-in status if they are resumed later.
- There is the potential for data loss if you misconfigure the integration and accidentally overwrite data in either NetSuite or Dotdigital, so you must follow the installation instructions closely.
To learn more about data in the NetSuite integration, check out the article NetSuite integration behaviour.