You have a number of account settings and options with which to manage your account. This includes changing and editing your account's details, preferences and features, setting up users, restricting a user's access, etc.
You can open the setting menu by selecting it from the bottom left corner of the screen.
Please note that some options on this menu are not available all to users.
Select the profile icon in the upper right hand corner of the app if you wish to change your password.
Editing your details
In the upper right corner, select the profile icon to edit your own details in the 'Profile' panel.
Here you can update your name, mobile number, and change your password by selecting Edit details to open the 'Edit profile' panel.
Select Save to commit any changes you've made.
Managing your account settings
To get to your account settings, go to Settings > Account, and select the Account settings tab.
In this tab you can set localisation preferences, set your customer service address (useful for automatically inserting into campaigns using the $SENDERADDRESS$ placeholder), enable features, increase security with two-factor authentication, and authorise Google Analytics.
You can change the language, time zone, and default encoding of your account.
Changing your localisation language changes the language, default currency symbol, and the format of dates.
Currently, the following languages are fully supported:
- German (Germany)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (United States)
- Spanish (Spain)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- French (France)
- Italian (Italy)
- Dutch (Netherlands)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Russian (Russia)
- Japanese (Japan)
- Thai (Thailand)
- Korean (South Korea)
- Malay (Malaysia)
- Indonesian (Indonesia)
The account time will update to use the daylight saving time of the selected time zone.
Default encoding may need to be adjusted if you want to create emails in multiple languages and alphabets.
Customer service address
You can include an automatic customer service address in your emails.
Enter an address here and any instance of $SENDERADDRESS$ in your campaigns is replaced with this address (you can add this to campaigns easily by select Data fields from EasyEditor's toolbar and then selecting 'Sender address' from the side panel that appears).
This is especially useful if you're based in the US, or are sending into US inboxes, and thus are required to comply with CAN-SPAM regulations. In these circumstances, having a clearly visible postal address for recipients to reply to is a legal necessity within your campaign and, as such, this marker should be included in your campaigns.
You can enforce different verified double opt-in (DOI) settings on your account.
The regulatory settings that can be enabled and disabled are:
- Do not enforce double opt-in - This means new contacts is never be sent an automatic verified DOI confirmation email (but you can manually send a contact a verified DOI confirmation email by changing their opt-in type to 'Verified double').
- Enforce double opt-in for signups from signup forms and some API methods only (default setting) - This means new contacts signing up from a signup form are automatically sent a verified DOI confirmation email, as will individual contacts added through the API. New contacts coming through any other channel won't get one.
- Enforce double opt-in for all signups, including bulk uploads - This means all new contacts automatically get sent a verified DOI confirmation email, regardless of how they're created.
Using a sign up form from Pages and forms or Surveys & forms won’t trigger DOI emails, unless you choose Enforce double opt-in for all signups, including bulk uploads. This is because the process to import contacts from these kinds of forms is batched; it’s a bulk action.
- Expire pending contacts after 30 days - This means pending contacts are removed 30 days after the date that they were last sent a verified double opt-in email.
Unsubscribe and preference centre settings
You can choose what happens when a contact selects 'Unsubscribe' in your emails, and which preference centre is shown when a contact want to change their marketing preferences.
Upon selecting 'Unsubscribe', you can either show the preference centre - allowing contacts to adjust their personal information, and opt in and out of marketing preferences and address books - or show the one-click unsubscribe page.
You can also choose whether the preference centre shown is the default one, or a custom preference centre on a URL or on one of your landing pages. You can preview your chosen preference centre too.
When saving settings for a custom preference centre, you'll be asked to confirm it has a way for contacts to appropriately unsubscribe in a manner that fulfils your obligations under the appropriate regulations.
Show the preference centre when a contact unsubscribes - The preference centre allows contacts to adjust their personal information, or opt in and out of address books, when they go to unsubscribe. Not having this enabled just shows the basic 'opt me out' button instead.
Under this section, you'll find a number of features you can enable by checking the appropriate box.
There are permanent features, whilst there may also be varying beta features listed here. When beta features are released with a standard upgrade of the application, they'll become available for enablement in this section. They'll remain here until the next major quarterly release of the application, at which point they'll become fully released features and will be removed.
The permanent features that can be enabled and disabled are:
- Include attachments in forwarded replies - In order to protect you from any potential threats, campaign replies forwarded with attachments are, by default, removed (they're accessible to download through the user interface). However, you can allow them by checking this feature.
- Enable send throttling - If you want to spread the sending of a large campaign over a longer period of time, rather than send at our default 'large send' speed, check this feature.
- Enable contact scoring - Contact scoring allows contacts to be scored based on their engagement and the data you hold on them. When enabled, a 'Contact scoring' option is available to all your account's users in the 'Contacts' menu.
- Display account time in header - This displays a clock for your time zone in the top left hand corner of the application header. This is useful if you have users in a different time zone to you, as the same clock displays for them too and everyone will be able to see and reference the time as set in your main account.
To enable the CAPTCHA feature for any surveys you create, in the 'Survey features' section, tick 'Detect and reduce suspect responses'.
Under the 'Security' section, you can secure your account with two-factor authentication by ticking the box.
You can also enable and authorise a connection to your Google Analytics data so it can be pulled into your campaign reporting when tracking links with it. This means you don't also have to have Google Analytics open alongside our reporting.
Don't forget to select Save settings after changing anything in the 'Account settings' tab, otherwise your changes won't get applied.