Learn to set up a join action to send a campaign or enrol a contact on a program after they sign up for an address book.
For each address book in your account, you can set up the following actions that trigger once a contact joins:
- Campaign join action
- Program join action
These actions let you automatically send contacts a welcome email or enrol them on a welcome program – this makes a great impression and lets you engage with your new subscriber instantly.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must have a 'triggered' campaign and/or a program, otherwise, no options are listed in the drop-down menus.
- A join action is triggered only for single contact additions. Join actions are not triggered for bulk contact imports or bulk API calls.
To learn more, check out the article Add contacts to your account: overview.
Set up a join action
- Create your address book. Give it a unique name and enter a description.
If it's a public address book, your contacts will see its name, so make sure it is understandable to your users.
- Go to Contacts > All contacts and select the Properties icon of the address book.
- Optional: For Campaign join action, select SELECT CAMPAIGN and choose a triggered campaign to send to contacts when they join the address book.
- Optional: For Program join action, select SELECT PROGRAM and choose a program to enrol contacts on when they join the address book.
- Select Save.