Learn how to share suppression lists between accounts within your team.
Sharing suppression lists between accounts within your team is useful if you use secondary accounts (those belonging to a top-level account) to manage campaign segregation, but don't want to run the risk of emailing a suppressed contact in one account from another.
For example, you may want to do this if you have secondary accounts for each of your offices - so when a contact unsubscribes from one office, another office won't be able to inadvertently contact them again.
Suppressions get shared across all accounts that are opted into the shared suppression feature by the top account, including the top account if they've opted in. For instance, if secondary accounts A, B, C and D are all opted in, then A's suppressions will get shared with B, C and D, and B's suppressions will get shared with A, C and D, and so on.
Setting up shared suppressions
InformationSharing suppression lists is not available on all accounts by default. Please speak to your account manager for more information and if you'd like to use this feature.
To share suppressions between accounts.
- Log into your top account, and go to Contacts > Suppressed Contacts > Shared lists.
- From the accounts listed, select to opt an account into sharing suppressions. Leave the check box clear if you want them to maintain their own suppression lists.
- Select Update
- The Share suppressions modal appears.
This modal ensures that you understand:
- All suppressed contacts in all selected accounts will be shared among all selected accounts
- Unselecting an account will not revert shared suppressions. It will just prevent further synchronisations
- After the initial synchronisation, contacts suppressed for a least 24 hours will be synchronised continuously
Suppression list synchronisations aren't instant and take place daily across accounts, so allow up to 48 hours for your list to become fully shared.
You can change the accounts that are using the shared list at any time, by returning to 'Shared lists' tab and updating it. As a side note, any new accounts that are added receive any past suppressions.
Once the list is fully shared amongst your selected accounts, the 'Bounce threshold' options will become unavailable for the included secondary accounts. Instead, the bounce thresholds will be controlled by the top account (even if the parent account has not opted into the shared suppression list).