Learn how to create and synchronise your email data labels in Microsoft Dynamics.
After you create email data labels in Microsoft Dynamics, you must synchronise them with Engagement Cloud to keep your contact data fields up-to-date. You might also do this the other way around – create contact data fields in Engagement Cloud and synchronise them with your email data labels in Microsoft Dynamics.
By synchronising mapped CRM fields with email data labels, you can be sure that the information that you store against your contacts is up-to-date in both Microsoft Dynamics and Engagement Cloud.
You can use contact data fields to personalise your email campaigns, for example, for greeting your customers, providing them with their account manager’s contacts details, or reminding them about a product renewal.
Create an email data label
- In Microsoft Dynamics, go to Settings > Email Accounts.
- Select the account (Engagement Cloud account) that you want to create an email data label for.
- From the navigation bar, expand your account's drop-down menu, and select Email Data Labels.
- From the command bar, select ADD NEW EMAIL DATA LABEL.
- Enter the required information – give your new email data label a unique name and a data type. The following list describes what some of the fields mean:
- Is Private
When this field is set to Yes (default) it means that the email data label is not visible in Engagement Cloud preference centres. If an email data label needs to be visible in an Engagement Cloud preference centre, it must be set in Engagement Cloud, updating the Access value to be This data label is private
- Default value
Enter a default value in case the value of the email data label fails to upload and is used in an email.
Explain the intended use of the email data label.
- Email Account
Select which email account (Engagement Cloud account) that you want this email data label to synchronise to.
- Is Private
- Select Save.
Synchronising email data labels
By default, email data labels are synchronised once a day; this is the most common setting.
To edit the synchronisation interval, go to Settings > Email Accounts> Specific account > Email Settings > Synchronisation Settings
The Sync Now button can be used when the interval is set to Manual Synchronisation Only. Alternatively to manually synchronise your email data labels go to Settings > Email Accounts> Specific account > Email Data Labels.
- Click SYNCHRONISE
- A confirmation message is displayed, click OK to continue
- When a Email Data label has been synced and is available to be mapped it shown in the Synchronise with Email Service Column.ssss