If you're an account owner, you can give your managed users sending privileges when creating a new address book in the email campaign area, thanks to the 'Users allowed to send to this address book' functionality.
ImportantShould you have contacts in a restricted address book, the 'Users allowed to send to this address book' permission also applies to all other address books. The reason that contacts might be excluded from a campaign send is because they exist within an address book that doesn't allow a managed user the ability to send to the contacts in said address book. For example, 'Address book A' has had the permissions restricted so that the contained contacts can only be sent to by user B and the account owner. If the campaign was sent by user C, these contacts have been excluded, as user C doesn't have the necessary permission enabled to send to these contacts.
Accessing Enhanced user permissions
To access and use this feature:
- Go to Contacts > My contacts > New address book
- If you're creating a new address book, enter the name (required field), folder, and a description. You will then see the 'Users allowed to send to this address book' field.
- Click the Select users button. It's important to note that you will only see this option if you are the account owner. If you wish to have access to this option, please contact the account owner or administration.
- A 'Select users' panel will slide in from the right. Select the email addresses of the managed accounts you wish to have the ability to send email campaigns to the address book you're creating.
- After you've selected the email addresses, the users selected count will then update accordingly
- Select Save once you're satisfied
You can also access this feature by going to Contacts > Edit properties icon of the address book you wish to enable user sending privileges for.
When you reproduce the steps above, you will be able to see the current users that have the address book permission enabled.
From here, you can add more users by clicking the Select more button. If you wish to remove a user's permissions, select the red X icon. Should a user try to send to an address book that they don't have permissions enabled for, an error message will appear, which will outline all address books that they cannot send to; this applies to immediate and scheduled sends.
This permission setting also applies to the Segments and Marketing preferences tabs, which are visible when selecting contacts to send the campaign to.
In the 'One final check before you send' area, this will show the number of contacts that have been selected ('Selected contacts'), and therefore allowing you to contrast the number to excluded contacts ('Excluded contacts'), that is contacts a user doesn't have permission to send to.