Learn how to stop automatically suppressing a contact after three hard bounces.
A hard bounce is when a message fails to deliver. There are several reasons why this might happen:
- The number isn't correct.
- Mobile networks report this number is no longer active.
- Some smartphones only allow delivery of messages from known numbers.
- Older devices can have an inbox storage limit which might be at capacity.
If your SMS campaigns hard bounce three consecutive times to the same contact, we automatically suppress that contact to stop you from wasting messages on inactive phone numbers.
Turn off hard bounce automatic SMS suppressions
To turn off automatic SMS suppressions after three hard bounces:
- Go to Settings > Account > Account settings.
- Under the heading Features, find Suppress SMS contacts that have hard bounced (recommended) and clear the check box.
To turn on, select the check box.
- Select Save settings.