Learn how to import your campaign summary report data into Google Sheets using our integration hub.
Connect your Dotdigital account to your Google Sheets account to export your campaign report data straight into a handy Google Sheet spreadsheet.
Google Data StudioYou can use Google Data Studio with Google Sheets to summarise and visualise your exported data.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must have a Google Account with access to Google Sheets.
- The integration first brings in any campaigns that have had activity in the last 24 hours. It then adds data for campaigns that have had activity in the last hour, every hour.
- You can use Google Data Studio with Google Sheets to summarise and visualise your exported data.
Step 1: Find the integration
To find the Google sheets: Campaign Reports integration:
- Go to Integration hub, and select the Self-serve tab.
- Under the category Reporting, select Google sheets: Campaign Reports.
- Select Use Integration.
Step 2: Connect Google Sheets to Dotdigital
To connect Google Sheets: Campaign Reports to Dotdigital:
- In the Integration Hub, select +Connect your Google Sheets.
- Expand the Select what dotdigital can access drop-down menu and select the checkbox for See, edit, create and delete all your Google Sheets spreadsheet
- Select Continue, Ok, and Next to proceed.
- If you have trouble authorising the connection, you might need to verify the action inside your Google account settings.
- If you want to connect to more than one Google account select + Add another Google Sheets connection.
Step 3: Set up your settings
To set up your Google Sheets to Dotdigital settings:
- On Settings, expand the Single, Daily or Every 30 days spreadsheet drop-down menu and choose Single sheet, Daily sheet or Every 30 days.
- Single sheet = Append data to a single sheet
- Daily sheet = Add the data to a new sheet each day
- Every 30 days = Add the data to a new sheet every 30 days
- For Name of spreadsheet, enter the name of the Google sheet you want to save the data to.
- Select Next.
- Expand the Update or append rows drop-down menu and choose whether to Update, Append daily or Append every 30 days existing rows in the Google sheet for each campaign.
- Update = Always overwrites the existing rows.
- Append daily = Every day creates new rows alongside any previous ones. Cannot use historical data, but works from the moment it is activated.
- Append every 30 days = Every 30 days creates new rows alongside any previous ones.
- Select Next.
- For the first run you must choose how far back to look for campaigns with activity. Your Google Sheet includes data for campaigns that have had activity within a specific period. To choose your time period, expand the Activity within drop-down menu and choose either Last day, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, Last year, or All time.
- Select Next.
That's it! You'll find your campaign reports spreadsheet in your Google Sheets account.
Google Sheets Maximum Cell Count
The maximum cell count for Google Sheets is 5 million cells. When our Google Sheets integration detects over 4.75 million cells, it appends a number to the spreadsheet name and creates a new one.
For example, a spreadsheet called My Data would have appended spreadsheets that look like
My Data_3, and so on.