Learn to check the status of your chat widget using your account.
You can check the active status of the chat widget on your site directly from your Chat settings. This lets you quickly check your chat widget is functioning on your site and if teams are available to respond to incoming customer messages.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- Only account owners and admin users can access the chat widget settings.
Check the chat widget status
To check the chat widget status:
- Go to Chat > Settings > Chat settings > Widget
- Under Widget status, the status of your chat widget is displayed.
Chat widget statuses
The chat widget displays the following statuses:
- Widget is visible - The chat widget is visible on your site
- Widget is hidden - The chat widget is hidden from your site because:
- All teams are set to hide - The chat widget is hidden from your site because all teams have the Show team in chat widget setting set to false.
- All teams are out of hours and hidden - The chat widget is hidden from your site because all teams are currently outside of office hours and widget is set to hide outside office hours.
Team chat settings can be edited from Chat > Settings > Chat settings > Chat team