The system automatically translates your 'Unsubscribe' page (or 'Update your preferences' page if you have the preference centre enabled) into 20 different languages, depending on the individual recipient's language settings on their PC.
The list of languages available so far includes:
- Latin American Spanish
- Simplified Chinese
Try it out
To test this function, you can easily change the language settings in your browser.
The instructions below apply to Chrome - but you'll find other browsers can be changed along similar lines:
- Select the three vertical dots in the far top right corner of your browser (where it says 'Customize and control Google Chrome' when mousing over it)
- Select Settings from the menu
- The Settings tab will open. Scroll down to the foot of the page and click on Advanced.
- Scroll down to the Languages section and select Language. The Language section will expand.
- Select Add languages and the Add languages selector will open.
- Choose an appropriate language to test from the drop-down menu and select Add.
- Select the three vertical dots alongside the newly added language, check Display Google Chrome in this language and then select Relaunch
Your Chrome browser windows will close and will relaunch in the new language.
Preview your campaign and select the Unsubscribe link to see the page displayed in the language you selected.
Here's an example of the Unsubscribe page in French.
Once you've finished your testing, make sure you change your browser language settings back to the original default.
Do this by going to the same browser settings area as before, but this time ensure your preferred language is reset like the one your browser's displayed in (don't be thrown though, as you'll need to negotiate this in the previous language you just added!). After doing so, you'll again need to relaunch the browser for the change to take effect.