Our user permissions system means you can permit a user to design, build and schedule a campaign and, on completion, trigger an approval process that enables an account owner to authorise the send, or reject it with feedback for further revision.
How campaign approval works
- A user that's been set up to require approval creates a campaign as usual, including the choice of address books and/or segments to send to, and then schedules it.
- On the campaign summary page, the user will see a button that says Ready to send pending approval.
Clicking it will produce a 'Send for approval' confirmation box.
The user then clicks Confirm to start the approval process.
- The campaign will be moved to the 'Outbox' and an email will be sent to the account owner, notifying them that a campaign is ready for review, providing a link to that campaign.
- The account owner reviews the campaign content, settings and contacts, and chooses whether to click Approve & send immediately or to decline it.
Clicking Decline produces a box in which the reasons for declining approval can be entered.
When completed, the account owner clicks Confirm to send it back to the user.
If you don't have the campaign approval notification email
Don't worry! This link is available for a campaign from within the 'Outbox' tab. Just click on the Review, approve, or deny link alongside the campaign's name.
If the campaign is approved it will be sent as scheduled (if the scheduled date is in the past, it will be sent immediately). The originating user will be emailed to notify them that the campaign has been approved and sent.
If the campaign is declined it will be moved from the 'Outbox' tab and put back into the list of unsent campaigns, available for editing. The originating user will be emailed to notify them that the campaign needs more work (including the reasons specified by the account owner).
Setting up a user for campaign approval
Users are added by the account owner. Once a user has been added, their permissions should be set as follows:
- Sender - Enable to allow the user to send campaigns.
This should be ticked.
- Can send without approval - Can send without approval (requires 'sender' permission to be active)
This should not be ticked.