Learn how to use two-factor authentication to secure your account.
Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security we use to make sure that anyone trying to access an account is who they say they are. After you enter your username and password, we send you a text message containing a unique one-time authentication passcode. You must then enter the passcode into the app to verify your identity.
We ask for two-factor authentication when you:
- Log in to your account from a device or a browser that has not been used before
- Export contact data
Before you start
You must be an account owner to set up two-factor authorisation.
Set up two-factor authentication
To set up two-factor authentication on your account:
- Go to Settings > Account.
- Select the Account settings tab.
- Under the heading Security, select the Two-factor authentication check box.
- Enter the mobile number that you want us to send your passcodes to.
- Select Save Settings.
To verify your mobile number, we'll you an SMS to confirm the change.
If your account has multiple users
You must enter an SMS for all account users, make sure you have all team members' phone numbers ready.
Turn off two-factor authentication
To turn off two-factor authentication, you must contact the support team.
Log in using two-factor authentication
To log in using two-factor authentication:
- Go to the login page.
- Enter your email address and password.
Once you've successfully entered your details, we send the authentication passcode to your registered mobile phone number.
- In the authentication code box, enter your unique authentication passcode.
This same process also happens when you try to export contact data.