Learn how to create a plain text version of your campaign.
After creating your campaign in EasyEditor, the next step is to click on Save & continue to create a plain text version of your campaign.
Note: You won't be able to generate a plain text version of your campaign if it's making use of advanced personalisation.
A plain text version of your campaign is important for two reasons:
- Some spam filters will penalise emails for only being in HTML and having no plain text alternative. The HTML and plain text versions get sent as a combined email, and spam checking software will look at the combined file and check the copy in the HTML and plain text versions are consistent. Spammers don't usually concern themselves with this.
- Contacts may want to receive plain text because they're not fully sighted, or their email client or the older mobile device won't display HTML emails
Creating the plain text version of your campaign
You have two choices when creating your plain text version:
- you can manually type it in, or
- click on Generate plain text version to automatically generate it. This will add the text elements of your HTML campaign to the screen.
Plain text emails can still include:
Plain text emails can't include:
- dynamic content
Another couple of buttons that are worth noting:
- Insert action: Enables you to add an action and personalise using your contact data fields
- Preview: Produces a preview of your plain text version, which can be used in the same way as the preview tool in EasyEditor
Once your plain text campaign is ready, click on Save & continue to move on to testing your campaign.
Up next: Learn about testing your campaign »