Learn to set up a join-action to send a campaign or enrol a contact on a program after they sign up for an address book.
For each address book in your account, you can set up the following join actions that trigger once a contact joins:
- Campaign join action
- Program join action
These actions let you automatically send contacts a welcome email or enrol them on a welcome program – this makes a great impression and lets you engage with your new subscriber instantly.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must have a 'triggered' campaign and/or a program, otherwise, no options are listed in the drop-down menus.
- A join action is triggered only for single joins, for example using a signup form or preference centre
- A join action won't be triggered for single joins using a survey or form, or for bulk subscriptions, such as a contact import
Set up a join action
- Create your address book. Give it a unique name and enter a description.
If it's a public address book, your contacts will see its name, so make sure it is understandable to your users.
- Go to Contacts > My contacts and select the Properties icon of the address book.
- Optional: Expand the Campaign join action drop-down menu, and choose a triggered campaign to send to contacts when they join the address book.
- Optional: Expand the Program join action drop-down menu, and choose a program to enrol contacts on when they join the address book.
- Select Save.
- Automated and triggered campaigns - an overview
- Getting started with the program builder
- Creating a 'triggered' campaign
- Triggering a campaign when a contact unsubscribes from an address book
- Triggering an automatic response whenever a contact replies to any campaign they've been sent
- Using 'verified double opt-in'
- Resubscribing a contact after they've been unsubscribed