Learn about advanced personalisation and how it works.
Advanced personalisation (which differs to our standard personalisation) is an additional feature that allows you to make use of Liquid, a flexible and dynamic markup language, to create highly personalised and targeted content in both email campaigns and landing pages.
Key benefit of advanced personalisation
Advanced personalisation enables you to add Insight data to your content, allowing you to display items from contacts' order histories, preferences, and browsing behaviours. It can also make use of AccountInsight, meaning you can display items from your product catalogue, staff contact details, and store or office locations.
How advanced personalisation works
Liquid markup is made up of three parts:
- Objects contain your data
- Tags create the logic and control the flow of the content
- Filters change the output of an object
EasyEditor has advanced personalisation blocks that can be dragged and dropped into campaigns and landing pages, making Liquid easy to add and then preview.
What you can do with advanced personalisation
Possible uses of advanced personalisation include:
- Personalising content by making use of Insight data to include things such as recent orders and/or bookings
- Displaying content, depending on which address books or segments your contacts are in
- Changing the way that text, dates, currencies, and numbers are displayed (including being able to perform maths on dates and numbers)