There are three main implementations of abandoned carts/abandoned checkout across the platform and our integrations.
- A platform-only version (known as the abandoned carts module, for our non-Magento and non-Shopify users)
- A native version for Engagement Cloud for Magento 2/Magento
- A Shopify connector version (available natively as abandoned checkout, but can be augmented to make use of the platform's abandoned carts module functionality)
Don't mix and matchThese are all separate versions, and shouldn't be used in combination with each other (unless documented in the case of the Shopify connector) - otherwise you'll encounter problems.
The implementations are listed below, with links to their associated support articles. Please only make use of the implementation that meets your needs.
Abandoned carts module
This is available to our non-Magento and non-Shopify users who don't already use abandoned cart email functionality.
It's purchasable as a basic or fully managed service.
- Introducing the abandoned carts module
- Basic service abandoned carts – an overview for marketeers
- Full service abandoned carts – an overview for marketeers
- Setting up abandoned carts
- JSON breakdown
- Abandoned carts questionnaire guide
- Abandoned carts - link to cart URL
- Creating an abandoned cart email
Related article (in EasyEditor)
Engagement Cloud for Magento 2/Magento
If you're an Engagement Cloud for Magento 2/Magento user, please use its native abandoned carts functionality.
Engagement Cloud for Magento 2
- Abandoned cart: Getting started - Magento 2
- Abandoned cart: Easy email capture - Magento 2
- Abandoned cart: Link to cart - Magento 2
Engagement Cloud for Magento
If you're using our Shopify connector, please use its native abandoned checkout functionality. An abandoned checkout is different to an abandoned cart - it's triggered when a customer abandons your site from the checkout page (after adding items to their cart). An abandoned cart is triggered when a customer abandons your site from any page, including the checkout page.
It's possible to convert this process into abandoned cart functionality by adding extra scripts (taken from the platform's abandoned carts module) to your website.