Learn how to access and configure Dotdigital program enrolments in Microsoft Dynamics.
You can enrol Contacts and Leads into automation programs in your Dotdigital account directly from Microsoft Dynamics. Adding Contacts and Leads into programs is a quick and intuitive process and it's a great way to engage new customers or subscribers.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must create, build and activate your programs in Dotdigital.
To learn how, check out the Getting started with the program builder article.
- Contacts and Leads can only be enrolled into programs that are in an active state. If the program is not active no enrolment will occur.
Once your program is created and active it needs to be marked as visible within Microsoft Dynamics.
To do this:
- Go to Email Accounts under Settings in the left side menu.
- Select a Dotdigital account.
- Select Programs.
The left hand column displays all available programs and the right hand column shows programs currently set to be visible in Microsoft Dynamics.
- To make a program visible select the checkbox next to the program name then select Save.
This adds the program to the Selected Programs area so that it becomes available to enrol contacts into. Greyed out programs are not active and cannot be used.
Contact and Lead enrolment
- Go to Contacts or Leads under Marketing in the left side menu.
- Select the name of the Lead or Contact record.
- Select Automation Programs.
A list of visible programs is displayed.
- Select the checkbox next to the program you want to enrol the contact into and then select Add.
A confirmation message is displayed and the contact or lead will be automatically enrolled into the program.