Learn to use a branded short URL in your SMS campaigns.
A branded, short-URL not only looks professional but helps to reinforce your brand. Using your own URL has multiple benefits:
- See who has interacted with your message.
- Use split testing with SMS campaigns.
- Combine with your Google analytics UTM – for both your account and Google Analytics tracking.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must have purchased from or delegated your branded short URL to us.
To learn more about delegating a domain to Dotdigital, check out the article Delegate a subdomain to our servers.
Select your own branded short URL
To select your own shortened URL:
- Go to Settings > Account > SMS settings and select the Branding tab.
From here, you can see a list of all the URLs you have either purchased from us or delegated to us.
- Under the Set default column, select the URL you want to use as your default shortened URL.
That's it. From now on, all your SMS campaigns use your branded short URL.
Calculate the length of your shortened link including branded URL
When editing your SMS message, the SMS calculator shows you the true length of your shortened links. However, to calculate the overall length of your shortened links using a branded URL:
- Start with the length of your branded short URL.
You can see this on Settings > Account > SMS settings and select the Branding tab.
- Add eight to the branded URL character count. This is to accommodate for a forward slash (/) and our seven-digit tracking code. Therefore,
Length of shortened link = Branded URL + 8.