Learn how to import your campaign summary report data into Google Sheets using our integration hub.
Connect your Dotdigital account to your Google Sheets account to export your campaign report data straight into a handy Google Sheet spreadsheet.
Google Data StudioYou can use Google Data Studio with Google Sheets to summarise and visualise your exported data.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must have a Google Account with access to Google Sheets.
- The integration first brings in any campaigns that have had activity in the last 24 hours. It then adds data for campaigns that have had activity in the last hour, every hour.
- You can use Google Data Studio with Google Sheets to summarise and visualise your exported data.
Step 1: Find the integration
To find the Campaign reports to Google Sheets integration:
- Go to Integration hub, and select the Self-serve tab.
- Under the category Reporting, select Campaign reports to Google Sheets.
- Select Use Integration.
Step 2: Connect Google Sheets to Dotdigital
To connect Campaign reports to Google Sheets to Dotdigital:
- In the Integration Hub, select +Connect your Google Sheets.
- In the popup, sign in to your Google account, and select Allow to allow access to the integration.
- Select Ok to complete the integration, then select Next.
- Read the integration information, then select Next.
Step 3: Set up your settings
To set up your Google Sheets to Dotdigital settings:
- On Settings, expand the Single or daily spreadsheet drop-down menu and choose Single sheet or Daily sheet.
- Single sheet = Append data to a single sheet
- Daily sheet = Add the data to a new sheet each day
- For Name of spreadsheet, enter the name of the Google sheet you want to save the data to.
- Select Next.
- Expand the Update or append rows drop-down menu and choose whether to Update, Append hourly, or Append daily existing rows in the Google sheet for each campaign.
- Update = Always overwrites the existing rows.
- Append hourly = Every hour creates new rows alongside any previous ones.
- Append daily = Every day creates new rows alongside any previous ones. Cannot use historical data, but works from the moment it is activated.
- Select Next.
- For the first run you must choose how far back to look for campaigns with activity. Your Google Sheet includes data for campaigns that have had activity within a specific period. To choose your time period, expand the Activity within drop-down menu and choose either Last day, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, Last year, or All time.
- Select Next.
That's it! You'll find your campaign reports spreadsheet in your Google Sheets account.
Google Sheets Maximum Cell Count
The maximum cell count for Google Sheets is 5 million cells. When our Google Sheets integration detects over 4.75 million cells, it appends a number to the spreadsheet name and creates a new one.
For example, a spreadsheet called My Data would have appended spreadsheets that look like
My Data_3, and so on.