Learn how to use the Multiple choice block to add a question with multiple radio-button answer options to your pages and forms.
If you want to give your visitors the option to answer one question from many, then the Multiple choice block is a good solution. The block shows a question with all your answer options displayed as radio buttons.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- This article assumes you are either editing or creating a new page or form.
To learn how, check out the Pages and forms section Create, view, and edit.
Step 1: Add a Multiple choice block
To add a Dropdown block to your page or form:
- Expand the Form block menu, then drag the Multiple choice block onto the EasyEditor canvas.
- On the Multiple choice block, double-click Type question here and enter your own question.
Step 2: Edit the block settings
To edit your Multiple choice block setting:
- Select the block to open the left-side settings menu.
- If an answer is required, select the Required answer check box. Then enter your required answer message into the text box.
- If you want to add an Other option, select the Allow other check box.
Step 3: Add multiple choice options
You can choose either predefined options or create your own custom ones.
The predefined options let you create popular multiple-choice options quickly. You can choose pre-defined options for:
- Age groups
- Cities in the UK
- Counties in the UK
- Countries in the World
- Strongly disagree to Strongly agree
- US states
To add predefined options to your drop-down menu:
- Select the block to open the settings menu.
- From the Settings menu, select Choose a predefined list.
- From the Choose a predefined list side-panel, expand the Choose a list drop-down menu.
- Select the predefined list you want to use.
- Select Apply.
- If you want to add a default option, in the settings menu, expand the Default selection drop-down menu and choose a default option.
Create a custom list
Sometimes you might need a list that isn’t in the predefined options. To create your own custom list:
- On the Multiple choice block, select the first item.
- Enter the text for your item.
- To add additional items, select Click to add item and enter another option.
If you need to remove an item, select the X next to the item.
That’s it! Continue editing your page or form.