Learn how to export a single contact from your account.
If you need to export a contact's details, you can do this quickly from the Single customer view.
Export a contact
To export a contact on the Single customer view:
- Go to Email > Contacts > All contacts, select the All contacts address book.
- Find and select the contact you want to edit the email address for.
- On the Single customer view, expand the CONTACT ACTIONS drop-down menu.
- Select Export this contact.
- Once the contact finishes exporting, select Download to download the contact zip file to your local computer.
- Unzip the folder to view the exported data.
The zip file contains a CSV file with all of the contact's information held in contact data fields, and any Insight data held on the contact is contained in separate files in JSON (a file per collection).
As with bulk exports, individual contact exports are kept in 'Exports' for seven days.
When a contact asks you for the information you hold on them, it's called a 'Subject Access Request (SAR)'. This export action enables you to more fully comply with this request.
In order to fully comply, please remember that you'll still need to separately export any information that you may hold on a contact in our surveys and forms tool and SMS tool.