Learn how to export contacts from your account.
You can export contacts from your account one at a time or in bulk.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
When a contact asks you for the information you hold on them, it's called a 'Subject Access Request (SAR)'. This export action enables you to more fully comply with this request.
In order to fully comply, please remember that you'll still need to separately export any information that you may hold on a contact in our surveys and forms tool and SMS tool.
Export a contact
To export a contact on the Single customer view:
- Go to Email > Contacts > All contacts, select the All contacts address book.
- Find and select the contact you want to export.
- On the Single customer view, expand the CONTACT ACTIONS drop-down menu.
- Select Export this contact.
- Once the contact finishes exporting, select Download to download the contact zip file to your local computer.
- Unzip the folder to view the exported data.
The zip file contains a CSV file with all of the contact's information held in contact data fields, and any Insight data held on the contact is contained in separate files in JSON (a file per collection).
As with bulk exports, individual contact exports are kept in 'Exports' for seven days.
Exporting your contacts
To export all of your contacts from your account:
- Go to Email > Contacts > All contacts.
- Select your All contacts address book.
- Select Display to the right; this allows you to pick and choose the contact data fields you wish to include, or check Select all. Once happy, select Submit.
- Select the Export option and select Export all.
- Select Download on the Exports screen, your export is created for you in a CSV file (this may take time to complete). This area also shows you who has requested an export under the Requested by column.
Your CSV file is then be downloaded, ensuring you have all of your contacts from your database.
Alternatively, you can also export contacts per address book in exactly the same way as outlined above, if you wish.
Downloading exports at a later dateIf you don't download your exported contacts there and then, you can always do so later by opening the settings menu (accessed from the bottom left corner) and selecting Exports. It is listed there (for up to 30 days) with the date and time it was requested.