Learn to delete suppressed contacts from your account.
Before you start
Deleting a suppressed contact differs from deleting a normal, unsuppressed contact, and before committing the action you'll be asked to confirm that you understand that:
- Deleting a suppressed contact will permanently remove their contact data fields and Insight data from my account (they will not go to the recycle bin)
- The email address of the contact will be kept in order to maintain the suppression. This is so you can't unintentionally email them in future by accidentally re-importing them to your account, for example.
- Any data related to this contact from the surveys and forms, landing pages, SMS or transactional email tools, if you use them, will not be removed. This data can be deleted separately.
An important note on GDPR compliance
When a suppressed contact asks you for the information you hold on them, it's called a 'Subject Access Request (SAR)'. This export action enables you to more fully comply with this request.
In order to fully comply, please remember that you'll still need to separately export any information that you may hold on a contact in our surveys and forms and SMS tools.
When a suppressed contact wants you to remove them from your system, they're exercising their 'right to be forgotten'. This delete action allows you to comply with this request (but remember to delete any other data you may hold, as mentioned above).
Delete a suppressed contact
To delete a suppressed contact:
- Go to Email > Contacts > Suppressed contacts.
- Select the check box of the contact you want to delete.
- Select Delete.
- Read the warning text, and select the checkboxes to confirm the action.
- Select DELETE.