Learn how to map your BigCommerce customer data to contact data fields in Dotdigital and ensure you're sharing all the contact data you need.
Once you connect your BigCommerce store to Dotdigital, we automatically map some of your customers' data to data fields in your Dotdigital account. But, if you want, you can also choose to sync additional customer information.
Before you start
- Your BigCommerce store must be connected to Dotdigital. Learn how.
- Any additional data fields you wish to use to store your data must be created in Dotdigital before they can be mapped. Learn how.
Mapping new data fields will cause a full historical resync of all existing mapped customers. This process can take several hours depending on how many customers you have.
Customer data you can map to Dotdigital
This table lists all the BigCommerce customer fields you can map to your Dotdigital data fields.
|Customer field||Data type|
|Customer group ID||Numeric|
|Billing address 1||Text|
|Billing address 2||Text|
|Shipping address 1||Text|
|Shipping address 2||Text|
Map customer data to Dotdigital
- Go to Settings > BigCommerce.
- On the Dotdigital BigCommerce settings page, select the Field mapping tab.
- This tab shows you a list of all the data that you can import into Dotdigital. We automatically map Dotdigital's default contact data fields to their equivalent BigCommerce customer field for you.
- Find the BigCommerce customer data you want to map, expand its data field drop-down menu, then choose the Dotdigital data field you want to map it to.
- Once you've mapped all the fields you need, select SAVE.
You can also do the same for your custom fields, which are mapped from your form fields in BigCommerce. Custom fields allow you to capture more customer data and allow you to bring this into your data fields in Dotdigital.
The below form field types can be mapped to these data field types in your field mapping area:
- Check box
Date or text
- Multi-line text
- Numbers only
Text or numeric
- Radio button
Text or yes/no
- Text field
- Pick list
Text or yes/no
If you map a BigCommerce PICKLIST to a yes/no field in Dotdigital, it only works if the list of possible values are yes/no or true and false.
We don't check the data type for your custom fields. So, if, for example, you try to map a text field in BigCommerce to a date field in Dotdigital, it will fail.
We add new fields as we find them from new or modified customers. For example, if you have a new form field in BigCommerce, it's only available to map after you sync a customer that has the same field.
It's up to you which BigCommerce customer fields that you wish to synchronise. Leave them unmapped if you don't wish to sync that specific data to Dotdigital.
Select Save once you're happy with your mapping settings and begin syncing to these Dotdigital contact data fields.
If you no longer wish to sync data from a BigCommerce customer field, you can simply deselect the mapping here and click Save to update your mapping settings. The next time a sync runs, your BigCommerce data will no longer sync to this Dotdigital contact data field.
Custom From Address fields support
We currently don't support Custom From Address fields.