Learn how to set a triggered campaign as your double opt-in confirmation email.
If you have chosen to enforce double opt-in on your account, then when your contacts sign up (or are imported, depending on your settings) they are sent a verified double opt-in confirmation email. Once they click the double opt-in link in this email to complete the verification process, the contacts are added to your account. By default, a system email is used for this purpose.
You can preview this email by going to Contacts > Advanced features, and then the Subscription settings tab, and selecting Preview.
There are two options for customising the double opt-in confirmation email. You can either add a logo of your choice to the default email, or, for greater customisation, you can design and select a triggered campaign. This allows you to add your branding and your own wording to the email, so a recipient can easily recognise that the email has come from you.
Add a logo to the default email
To add your logo to the default double opt-in confirmation email:
- Go to Contacts > Advanced features.
- On the Subscription settings tab, select CHOOSE FILE.
- Find and upload your chosen image.
- Select SAVE.
Set a triggered campaign as your confirmation email
External dynamic content and advanced personalisation can't be used in triggered campaigns for confirmation emails.
To set a triggered campaign as your double opt-in confirmation email:
Step 1: Create a triggered campaign
- Go to Automation > Triggered campaign content and select ADD NEW.
- Choose a template and add your campaign details.
- Design your campaign.
- In EasyEditor, select Link in the toolbar and insert a Double opt-in link to your campaign.
To learn more about how to insert a Double opt-in link to your campaign check out the Add a double opt-in link section.
- Select Save & continue.
- Select Generate plain text version to create the plain text version of your email with the double opt-in link.
- Select Save & continue or Save again.
Step 2: Set the triggered campaign as the double opt-in confirmation email
- Go to Contacts > Advanced features
- On the Subscription settings tab, under Double opt-in settings, expand the Campaign to send drop-down menu and select the triggered campaign you created.
You can also set a double opt-in confirmation action to either Show some text or Go to a page of your choosing (either your own URL or a Dotdigital page) once the contact has clicked the double opt-in confirmation link.
- Select Save.
Contacts are then sent your customised double opt-in confirmation email instead of the default one. You can change back to the default email at any time.
An account can make use of one custom double opt-in confirmation email at a time. All double opt-in confirmation emails sent from the account will use the triggered campaign you selected.