Learn how product and category insight data is synced from your store to Dotdigital.
Your store's product and category data syncs to Dotdigital in two separate insight data collections:
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- This article is only for Shopify, BigCommerce, and Shopware stores.
- In Shopify categories are called Collections.
Catalog insight data collection
The catalog insight data collection contains all your store's products and product information. Each product is stored as an individual record identified by a key.
To view your catalog insight data, go to Ecommerce > Catalogs.
If you have multiple catalogs, expand the drop-down menu to choose a catalog.
Categories insight data collection
The Categories insight data collection contains all your store's category information. Each category is stored as an individual record identified by a key.
In Shopify categories are called Collections.
Information stored in a category record:
|id||The category's unique ID number|
|name||The category name as listed in your store, for example, Children's Clothing.|
|parent_id||The parent category ID, if your category is child to a parent category. For example, Children's Clothing could be under the parent category Clothing.|
To view your categories insight data, go to Settings > Insight data, then select the Categories collection.
Create a segment using commerce categories
To create a segment based on buyers from a particular category:
To learn more about segments, check out the article Create a segment.
- On the Segment editor, drag a Purchase block onto the Includes section of the editor.
- Select the Purchase block to open the side-panel settings.
- Select CHOOSE CATALOG, then expand the drop-down menu and choose the Catalog you want to use.
- Select OK.
- Select SET CATEGORY RULE, then expand the drop-down menu and select Is equal to.
- Enter the name of your category. For example, Clothing.
Use the AND drop-down menu to add multiple categories in the same way.
- Select OK.
- Generate and Save your segment.