Learn how to create and customise a resubscribe confirmation email for your unsubscribed contacts.
When an unsubscribed contact is resubscribed, they're asked to verify their resubscription via an automated email that contains a verification link for them to click on. Once clicked, they're subscribed once more and added back to your contacts list.
A default resubscribe confirmation email is used for this, which can be previewed by going to Contacts > Advanced features > Subscription settings and selecting Preview.
You can customise the default resubscribe confirmation email with your organisation’s logo or create a custom email using a triggered campaign.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- An account can use one resubscribe confirmation email at a time. All resubscribe confirmation emails sent from the account use the default email or a triggered campaign that's selected in the Resubscribe settings section.
Add a logo to the default resubscribe confirmation email
To add your logo to the default resubscribe confirmation email:
- Go to Contacts > Advanced features > Subscription settings.
- Under the heading Confirmation email logo, select CHOOSE FILE for Upload a new logo.
- Choose your logo.
We recommend the size 141px wide x 38px High. Use .jpg, .gif, or .png format.
- Select SAVE.
Create a custom resubscribe confirmation email
To create a custom resubscribe confirmation email:
- Create a triggered campaign that you want to use as your resubscribe confirmation email.
To learn more, check out the article Create a triggered campaign.
- Select LINK in the toolbar and insert a Resubscribe link.
- Select SAVE & CONTINUE.
- Select GENERATE PLAIN TEXT VERSION to create the plain text version of your email with the resubscribe link.
- Select SAVE & CONTINUE or SAVE again.
- Go to Contacts > Advanced features > Subscription settings, and scroll down to the heading Resubscribe settings.
- Expand the Campaign to send drop-down menu and select the triggered campaign you created.
You can change back to the default one at any time by selecting Default.
- You can also set a Resubscribe action to either Show some text or Go to a page of your choosing (either your own URL or a landing page) once the contact has clicked the resubscription confirmation link.
- Select SAVE.
Contacts will now be sent your custom resubscribe confirmation email instead of the default one.