Learn how to display products from your catalog in your campaigns.
Product blocks use catalog data to display your products and any relevant data. If you have AccountInsight added to your account, you can use Product blocks to display products in your email campaigns that showcase, advertise, and sell your ecommerce products.
When you add a products block, you can select the products you want to feature, customise the layout and design, and specify the price and currency. Additionally, you can attach a link tracking source to your product URLs to see which visitors and customers came from your campaign.
Using the products block to display products in an email campaign can have several benefits for your marketing:
- Increased click-through rates
Products can make your campaigns more visually appealing while also increasing the chance that contacts will click through to the website.
- Increased sales
Contacts can see what products you have available, which could make them more likely to make a purchase.
- Improved personalisation
If you display products relevant to your contacts' interests or browsing history, the campaign is more personalised and could increase conversion chances.
- Brand awareness
Featuring specific products in a campaign can help increase brand awareness.
- Cross-selling and upselling
You can encourage customers to purchase complementary or higher-priced items.
Adding product data to your account
You can add product AccountInsight automatically, if you use one of our connectors. Alternatively, you can also use the API.
To learn more, check out the following articles:
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must add catalog data (AccountInsight) in your account – this is where your products are stored.
To learn more, check out the article AccountInsight.
- You can add a maximum of four products to a single block, and you can’t add the same product multiple times.
- You must use HTTPS product image URLs.
Non-HTTPS product images might default to SSL images when opened. This means that images served over non-HTTPS (HTTP) represent a non-secure source, and the email campaign may trigger a warning to your contacts when they open it in a browser or app.
To add products to your products block in EasyEditor:
- While editing a campaign, drag the Products block onto the canvas. You can find this in the left-side column, under Build > Building blocks > Ecommerce.
To learn to create a campaign, check out the article Create, test, and send an email campaign.
- Select the Product block, then in the Products side panel, select ADD PRODUCT.
- Expand the Product catalog drop-down menu, and choose the catalog that contains the products you want to add.
- Select the product you want to add. You can also search for products by name or SKU.
Repeat steps 4 to 6 if you want to add more products.
Remove a product
If you need to remove a product from your block, select the block on the canvas. Then, in the Products side panel, select the Delete icon for the product you want to remove.
You can only add a maximum of four products to a single block, and you can’t add the same product multiple times.
You can choose to show your products and their information either vertically or horizontally.
To change the layout, expand the Layout side menu, and select the tile representing the layout type you want to use.
There are two options:
- Vertical layout – product image with product information underneath.
- Horizontal layout – product image with product information on the right.side.
Choose the data you want to show alongside your products and the order you want everything display.
To choose which fields you want to show and the order in which they appear:
- On the EasyEditor canvas, select your Product block.
- In the left-side panel, expand the Fields menu.
- Select the check box for any of the fields you want to show in your block.
- To reorder the fields, select the left side of the field block and drag it into position.
The price field gives you three options for displaying the price on your product recommendations:
Only the price of the product
- Show special price with price
The original price alongside the special price.
- Show special price
Only the special price of the product.
Price including tax
If your catalog contains data for product prices including tax, then you also see the option to add this field to your product block for both Price (including tax) and Special price (including tax)
In the product block settings you can choose the currency of your products and whether or not to show the currency code. The product prices synced to your catalogs are typically in the base currency of the connected store. The currency isn’t stored in the catalog, so you must select the relevant currency and choose whether or not to show the currency code.
- Expand the Settings left-side menu.
- To change the currency, expand the Currency drop-down menu and choose the currency of your products.
- If you want to show the currency code alongside your pricing information, select the Show currency code checkbox.
You can add tracking information to your product block. This allows you to easily tell if users have visited your site from a product in your campaign.
Tracking information is added using three UTM parameters:
|Source||The source parameter is added to the end of your URL to define your traffic source. For example, if your source is Dotdigital, you add "?utm_source=Dotdigital" to the end of the URL.|
|Medium||The medium parameter is added to the end of your URL to define your traffic medium – the channel used to drive traffic to your website, such as email, social media, or paid advertising. For example, if your medium was email, you add "&utm_medium=email" to the end of the URL.|
The campaign parameter is added to the end of your URL to track the specific campaign driving traffic to your website. For example, if your Campaign was NewYearSale, you add "&utm_campaign=NewYearSale" to the end of the URL.
To add tracking information:
- Select the block, then expand the Analytics left-side menu.
- For Source, enter the source parameter you want to use for the product block.
- For Medium, enter the medium parameter you want to use for the product block.
- For Campaign, enter the campaign parameter you want to use for the product block.
Button and border settings
The Button settings let you add a button to the products on your product block; you can style these to match your template.
To display and edit the button:
- Expand the Button settings left-side menu.
- To display a button for each product, select the Display button checkbox.
- To style the button, select BUTTON.
- Edit the styling of your button exactly as you want it. There are four main button styling fields:
Style attribute Description Colour Choose a background colour for your button. Either enter a Hex color code or select the paint can icon to choose a colour within the campaign, a custom colour, or use the color picker. Alignment Expand the drop-down menu and choose to align your button to the left, centre, right, or make it full-width. Padding Allows you to enter the amount of space you want around the button. Use the Horizontal and Vertical input fields to enter the number of pixels of padding you want for your button. Minimum width
Define the smallest width of the button without breaking the layout. Minimum width is helpful to ensure that your button always has a certain width, regardless of the content inside.
Enter the minimum width in pixels to determine the minimum width of your button.
- To style the border of your button, select BORDERS.
- Edit the styling of your border exactly as you want it. There are four main border styling fields:
Style attribute Description Colour This is the colour of the border around your button. Either enter a Hex color code or select the paint can icon to choose a colour within the campaign, a custom colour, or use the color picker. Border width Border width refers to the thickness of the border around the button. In the Border width box, enter the number of pixels you want for your button border width. Border radius Border radius refers to the curvature of the corners of the button. In the Border radius box, enter the number of pixels of border-radius you want.
- If you need to customise your button further, select MANAGE BUTTON STYLES. In this side panel, you can choose a custom style or make more detailed customisations for the text.
You can style the text for the data you show in your product block. Select the text in your product block to style it. You can use the text toolbar to change the style, font, size, and colour.