Learn how to use the RSS feed block in EasyEditor.
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a web feed format used to publish frequently updated content, such as news, blogs or products. Adding an RSS feed to your campaign makes it so you can include relevant content to your contacts. This is very helpful if you're automating your email campaign sends.
An RSS feed block in your campaign shows a title, summary, and link for the most recent items in the specified feed.
The RSS feed block in EasyEditor
RSS feeds can be added to HTML email campaigns, but not plain text email campaigns.
Using the RSS feed block
To use the RSS feed block in EasyEditor:
- Go to Build > Tools.
- Drag the RSS feed block into your email campaign, page or form.
- Select the block.
- In the Settings panel, you can:
- Enter the URL of the RSS feed you want to insert. Once you enter a link, the block tells you if it's valid or not.
- Refresh the feed on each send by selecting the checkbox, ensuring your campaign's content is relevant as possible on future sends and contacts won't receive old news.
We update the feed every 60 minutes.
- Choose the number of items to display; the most recent items come first.
- Choose to include a Read more link and what it should say.
- Select Preview to see how your RSS feed looks.
- Select Save.