Learn how to access and choose a template to build an email campaign from.
Selecting a template is the first step to creating an email campaign. Templates form the basic layout of your campaign. We have plenty of options to choose from in many different genres, styles and formats, so you should find something to suit your needs. All of our free templates are fully mobile-responsive.
This article explains how to choose a template, and some guidance on what to consider when choosing one that's right for you.
For information on uploading your own custom templates, check out the article Upload a custom HTML email template.
Things to consider when choosing a template
When choosing which template to use, consider the amount of content you're going to send and how important each section is. The names of our free templates give you an indication of what kinds of content each is best suited to - it helps to think about the balance of images and text you want to use, as well as the impression you want your communication to make. For example, is this a product promo, or a message to pass on some serious industry news? Each of these clearly needs a different approach.
Of course, once you're in the EasyEditor ready to create your campaign, you can change colours, add new columns, add new spacing, as well as manipulate many other elements and features; your template just forms your starting point.
Choose a template
To choose one of our free templates:
- Select Email Campaigns > New campaign and then select the Free templates tab.
Start from scratch templates are probably better suited to more experienced users who've created and sent several campaigns already, as they are very basic in their structure and design.
- You see our selection of free templates.
Hover over a template to see two options:
- SELECT - this option allows you to choose the template and begin creating a campaign.
- The Preview icon - this option allows you to get a better look at the template before making your choice.
- Select a template, and then give the campaign a name and choose a folder to store it in.
If you don’t have a folder ready, you can move the campaign at a later time.
- Select CONTINUE. You’re taken to the Provide a few campaign setup details page.