Learn how to manage your team: users, accounts, and templates.
You can use the team management area to manage all things about your accounts and teams.
- Access additional accounts
- Create new accounts
- Allow access for users to accounts
- Set and edit default user permissions
- Delete account owners and users
- Choose and share templates across accounts
Before you start
Here are some things you need to know:
- Trial accounts can't use team management
Team management terminology
Terminology related to team management:
A team is a group of different accounts under one invoice. For example, it might be several accounts for various departments within a company, a group of sister companies, or a company with several different brands – anything that requires different contacts, campaigns, and reporting.
There are some things that you can share across accounts and, therefore, across a team. To learn more, check out the section Sharing content across accounts.
- Account owner
An account owner runs an account under which they can manage numerous users and their permissions. An account can only have one owner.
A user has access to an account that the account owner manages. Each account can have many users. An account owner can be a user of another account.
Share features across different accounts
You can only share some features across your accounts. Here's a list of the shared and separate features:
|Shared suppressions||Can be shared|
|Templates||Can be shared|
Depending on whether you're a top account owner, belonging only to this account, or a secondary account owner, belonging to another account, managing your team is different.
If you're a top account owner
To manage your team, go to Settings > Your team.
If you're a secondary account owner
To manage your team, go to Settings > Access.
On the team management page, there are three tabs you can use to manage your team: Users, Accounts, Templates.
Manage your users
The Users tab lists all of your team's users, including owners. You can:
- Add a new user
- Delete a user
- Disable a user
- Restrict and grant user access permissions
- Edit a user's settings
Manage your accounts
The Accounts tab lists all of your team's accounts.
From here you can:
- Create a new account - Click on New account to create an entirely separate workspace, in which contacts, campaigns and reports can all be different, whilst templates and suppressions can be shared.
A window will open displaying the additional cost per month for the new account. Enter the email address of the new account owner and click Add account. The new account owner will be sent an invitation by email. Only once they have accepted the invitation will they be added to your accounts list.
- Log into another account - Click on the login icon next to the account owner. The login icon won't be available against your own account, or against disabled accounts.
- Drill down on an account's users - If an account has users, the amount will be shown under 'Users' and you can click on the number to drill down to the users of the account.
- Change account ownership - Tick the account you'd like to change ownership of, click on More actions and select Change account owner.
A window will appear confirming the account you're transferring ownership from. From the dropdown, choose the user you wish to transfer ownership to. Enter your password and click Transfer ownership to confirm.
Remember - once done, the previous owner of the account will lose access to the key administration areas.
Manage your templates
The templates tab is where you can select templates to share across your team's accounts, and any shared templates will display here.
You can't share templates from a secondary account up to a top account, only from a top account down to secondary accounts.
From here you can:
- Share a template - Click on Share new. This will take you to through to the templates you have in your 'My templates' section. You can mouse over a template to preview it, and to share it click on Share.
This will create a new 'Shared templates' folder in the 'My templates' section for all of your users. All shared templates will be stored here. Any changes you make to a shared template will update for all users. Other users will be able to create campaigns from shared templates, but not edit or rename them.
- Unshare a template - Mouse over a template and click Unshare.
- Preview a shared template - To preview a shared template, mouse over it and click Preview.