Learn how to manage your team: users, accounts, and templates.
You can use the team management area to manage all things about your accounts and teams.
- Access additional accounts
- Create new accounts
- Allow access for users to accounts
- Set and edit default user permissions
- Delete account owners and users
- Choose and share templates across accounts
Before you start
Here are some things you need to know:
- Trial accounts can't use team management.
- The Team management area is only available in top-level (parent) accounts.
Team management terminology
Terminology related to team management:
A team is a group of different accounts under one invoice. For example, it might be several accounts for various departments within a company, a group of sister companies, or a company with several different brands – anything that requires different contacts, campaigns, and reporting.
There are some things that you can share across accounts and, therefore, across a team. To learn more, check out the section Share features across different accounts.
- Account owner
An account owner runs an account under which they can manage numerous users and their permissions. An account can only have one owner.
A user has access to one or more accounts. Each account can have many users. An account owner cannot be a user of another account.
Account owners can access child accounts underneath their own account in the Team Management area.
Share features across different accounts
You can only share some features across your accounts. Here's a list of the shared and separate features:
|Shared suppressions||Can be shared|
|Templates||Can be shared|
To manage your team, go to Settings > Your team.
To access and edit users in a secondary-level (child) account, go to Settings > Access. It's not possible to manage accounts or shared templates from inside a child account.
On the team management page, there are three tabs you can use to manage your team:
Manage your users
The Users tab lists all of your team's users, including owners. You can:
Manage your accounts
The Accounts tab lists all of your team's accounts.
From here you can:
- Create a new account - Select New account to create an entirely separate workspace, in which contacts, campaigns and reports can all be different, whilst templates and suppressions can be shared.
A window opens displaying the additional cost per month for the new account. Enter the email address of the new account owner and select Add account.
Once set up, we send the new account owner a verification email to confirm their email address. The email address must be verified before the account setup is complete. This verification email expires after three days.
- Log into another account - Select the login icon next to the account owner. The login icon won't be available against your own account, or against disabled accounts.
- Drill down on an account's users - If an account has users, the number of users is shown in the Users column and you can select the number to drill down to the users of the account.
- Change account ownership - Select the checkbox for the account you'd like to change ownership of, then select More actions, then Change account owner.
A window appears confirming the account you're transferring ownership from. Expand the drop-down menu and choose the user you wish to transfer ownership to. Enter your password and select Transfer ownership to confirm.
Remember - once done, the previous owner of the account will lose access to the key administration areas.
Manage your templates
The templates tab is where you can select templates to share across your team's accounts, and any shared templates display here.
You can't share templates from a child account up to a parent account, only from a parent account down to your child accounts.
From here you can:
- Share a template - Select Share new. This displays any templates eligible to be shared. You can mouse over a template to preview it, and to share it select Share.
This creates a new Shared templates folder in the Custom templates section for all of your users. All shared templates are stored here. Any changes you make to a shared template update for all users. Other users are able to create campaigns from shared templates, but not edit or rename them.
- Unshare a template - Hover over a template and select Unshare.
- Preview a shared template - To preview a shared template, mouse over it and select Preview.