Learn how to use the Text block to add a question and field answer box to your pages and forms.
Our form blocks are great for getting form-based information from your page and form respondents. Use this text block to add a question and an answer block that your respondents can use to submit information.
You can add a text box for five question types:
Use this to ask general questions and gather text-based feedback from your respondents.
- Contact email
Use this to request and collect a valid email address from your respondent. The email address is then added as a contact to your All contacts address book.
This question is automatically marked as required to complete the form.
Use this to ask numeric questions and gather number-based feedback from your respondents.
Use this to request and collect a valid phone number from your respondent.
Use this to request and collect a valid email address from your respondent. The email address is not added as a contact, but their answer is available in the form’s responses.
To learn more, check out the article Pages and forms reports.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- This article assumes you are either editing or creating a new page or form.
To learn how, check out the Pages and forms section Create, view, and edit.
Add a Text block
To add a Text block to your page or form:
- Expand the Form block menu, then drag the Text block onto the EasyEditor canvas.
- Select the Text block, select Type question here and enter your own question.
- To open the block’s settings menu, select the block on the canvas.
- Expand the Question type drop-down menu, and choose the question type you want to ask.
Options: Text, Contact email, Number, Phone number, and Email.
- If an answer is required, select the Required answer check box.
- If you want to add a default answer, in the Default value box, enter your default answer.
- If you want to add a watermark to the text box, in the Watermark box, enter the text you want to use.
That’s it! Continue editing your page or form.
Add respondents as contacts
If you want your form’s respondents to convert into contacts you must add the Contact email type question to the form. All respondents that answer the form will be stored in your account as a contact in the All contacts address book.
Contacts can be sorted into address books by:
- Selecting Add to address book from the form’s report. To learn more, check out the article Pages and forms reports.
- Creating a program to automatically sort them based on their answers. To learn more, check out the article Sort contacts based on their answers to a form.
You can also create a dedicated sign up form that adds contacts to address books and enrolls them to programs. To learn more, check out the article Create a signup form.