Learn how to copy the contacts from a segment or segments into an address book.
Segments are a list or group of contacts who fit a set of criteria that you have defined. As a contact's data changes, they may therefore move in or out of a segment based on whether they currently fit those criteria.
For this reason, you might create a segment and want to preserve the set of contacts it generates, so that you can refresh and reuse the segment in future without losing this contact set. To do this, you can copy a segment to an address book.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- If you want to copy a segment to a new address book, you must create the address book first before following the below steps.
Copy a segment to an address book
To copy a segment or segments to an address book:
- Go to Email > Contacts > Segments.
- Select the check box for the segments you want to copy into an address book.
- Expand the MORE ACTIONS drop-down menu, and select Copy to address book.
- Select the check box for the address book you want to copy to.
- Select CONTINUE.
- To confirm select OK.