Learn about the Dotdigital integration for Maropost Commerce Cloud.
With the Dotdigital integration for Maropost Commerce Cloud, you can import your order and product data, as well as your subscribed contacts into your Dotdigital account.
With your data synced, you can start to take advantage of our commerce intelligence tools to enrich your marketing and customer engagement.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must have a Maropost Commerce Cloud account.
- You must be able to provide access to the Maropost Commerce Cloud API.
We can help you with this.
- Data can only sync in one direction: Maropost Commerce Cloud to Dotdigital.
Install the integration
To ensure that the integration installs correctly, a member of our team must complete this process for you.
To activate the integration, contact your Customer Success representative.
Maropost Commerce Cloud data in Dotdigital
Once the integration setup has been completed, your historical data begins to sync and should be visible in your Dotdigital account after 24 hours. Subsequent data syncs are performed 3 minutes after the previous sync has completed.
Your subscribed contacts are synced into a new Dotdigital address book called Maropost subscribers.
To view the contacts in the address book:
- Go to Email > Contacts > All contacts.
- Search for Maropost subscribers and select the address book name.
To be synced, a contact record needs to have the Newsletter Subscriber option selected in Maropost Commerce Cloud. Contacts can select this checkbox during account creation or by logging in and editing their profile.
If a contact unsubscribes in Dotdigital, their order data will still be synced from Maropost Commerce Cloud, but updates to contact information such as first or last name do not sync to Dotdigital unless the contact resubscribes.
In addition to syncing first name, last name, full name, and email address, the following custom data fields are created in Dotdigital and mapped to Maropost Commerce Cloud:
If a contact already exists in Dotdigital, they are added to the Maropost subscribers address book, and their data field values will be overwritten by the data stored in Maropost Commerce Cloud.
Contact records are matched by email address.
The integration tries to sync all of your orders from Maropost Commerce Cloud, however, orders linked to contacts who are not marked as Newsletter Subscribers in Maropost are not imported unless the non-subscribed contact already exists in Dotdigital.
To view your order insight data collection:
- Go to Email > Contacts > Advanced features.
- Select the Insight data tab.
Your order data is stored in an insight data collection called
Select the Properties icon to enable a retention policy for this data or to adjust your tax settings.
To view the orders dashboard, go to Ecommerce > Orders. To learn more about the dashboard, check out the article View your ecommerce orders.
We sync your product data into an account insight collection called
catalog_Dotdigital_neto. Your product data is synced following the correct schema for use with our Product recommendations feature.
To learn more, check out the article Get started with product recommendations.
To view your product data, go to Ecommerce > Catalogs. To learn more, check out the article Viewing your product catalogs.
Custom attribute mapping is available for both product and customer data.
In Maropost Commerce Cloud:
- Custom product attributes available for mapping can be found in
- Custom customer attributes available for mapping are customer user fields created in
You need to contact us to set-up any custom mappings.
Ways to use your data
There are many ways to make the most of your Maropost Commerce Cloud data once it’s been imported to Dotdigital. Here are just a few ideas:
- Enrol your contacts into automated programs and send them on customised user journeys.
If you choose to send triggered welcome emails through Dotdigital, you must ensure to deactivate welcome emails sent through Maropost.
- Gain insights into your sales using our retail dashboard.
- Sort your customers using RFM analysis, and target your efforts where they are needed most to maximize ROI.
- Enable AI-powered product recommendations.
- Set up an abandoned cart program to recover potentially lost sales.
To use Abandoned cart, you must install scripts on your website. To learn how, check out the articles Setting up abandoned carts and Abandoned cart JSON breakdown.