Learn how to map your WooCommerce customer fields to your Dotdigital contact data fields.
You can map your WooCommerce customer fields to corresponding Dotdigital contact data fields, this will help you when creating content that is aimed at specific types of customers.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- Check out The WooCommerce integration checklist to help track your progress.
- Default Dotdigital contact data fields are automatically mapped to their equivalent WooCommerce customer fields for you.
- It's up to you which WooCommerce customer fields you want to synchronise. Leave customer fields unmapped if you don't want to sync that specific data to Dotdigital.
Map your field mapping settings
To set up your field mapping settings:
- In Dotdigital, go to Settings > WooCommerce.
- Select the Field mapping tab.
- Find the customer field you want to map, then expand the drop-down menu and choose the Dotdigital contact data field that you want to map and sync to.
- Once done, select SAVE, to begin syncing to these Dotdigital contact data fields.
If you no longer want to sync data from a WooCommerce customer field, you can deselect the mapping here and select SAVE to update your mapping settings. The next time a sync runs, your WooCommerce data won’t sync to this Dotdigital contact data field.
The customer fields and their data type for WooCommerce are:
|Text data type||Date data type|
|First name||Created date|
|Billing address 1|
|Billing address 2|
|Shipping address 1|
|Shipping address 2|