Learn to publish a page in Pages and forms.
Once you're happy with the finished look of your page, the next step is to go live with it.
You can either:
- Publish on our hosting domain
- Publish on a custom domain that you've purchased through us
You provide your own 'friendly' part to the URL, and the URL can be previewed as you create it.
You can publish, unpublish and republish pages at will (making post-publication edits easy), plus there are handy options to copy the page link, as well as share it on Twitter.
Publishing a page
To publish a page:
- Go to the page editor Pages and forms > My pages and forms > *page to publish* > Edit.
- Select Publish, at the top-right of the page.
- Under Address, select Create a link.
- Under Publish on, select the domain you want to publish on. Our domain is the default. If you have a purchased domain, select it using the drop-down menu.
- Under Friendly part, enter a friendly page name for your link. Your page title is the default value for this. You'll notice the Preview URL changes when you change the Friendly part name.
You can change the Friendly part any time. We automatically redirect any visitors from the old URL to the new URL.
- Select Apply. You'll return to the initial side panel, and the makeup of your page address is confirmed to you. To make a change, select the confirmation message to return to the Link panel.
- Under Launch, select Publish.
- On the confirmation message, select Publish once again. The page is now online and all links are working.
- Select Visit link to go to your page.
Making changes to a live pageSave and republish. Only saving won't push any changes live.