Learn how to send email campaigns through a program.
A very common use for an automated program is to automatically send email campaigns to enrolled contacts. This is achieved using the Campaign node found in the Messaging section of the Program nodes side panel.
Use the Campaign node
To add a Campaign node to your program:
- Drag a Campaign node from the left-side panel onto the program builder canvas.
- Select the Campaign node. A side panel opens on the right.
- To choose an existing campaign, select SELECT CAMPAIGN. To create a new campaign, select + CREATE CAMPAIGN.
Select an existing campaignChoosing SELECT CAMPAIGN presents you with a list of your triggered campaigns by default. However, you can select STANDARD to switch to a list of your non-triggered campaigns.
Selecting a standard campaign
If you select a campaign from your list of standard campaigns, a triggered copy of the campaign is created for use in the program. Therefore, if you want to make changes to this campaign, you need to locate the copy under Automation > Triggered campaign content.
When you select a standard campaign, a message appears to confirm that a triggered copy is made, and the folder in which it is stored.
Select the eye icon to preview a campaign. You can also search your campaigns by name.
Select the radio button for a campaign to add it to the Campaign node.
Create a new campaignSelecting + CREATE CAMPAIGN allows you to enter a campaign name and choose a folder location.
You need to locate this new campaign under Automation > Triggered campaign content in order to add campaign details and finalise your design in EasyEditor.
You won’t be able to activate the program until you have completed the creation process for any campaigns you have created through a Campaign node.
- Once you’ve selected or created a campaign, select APPLY.
Your campaign is added to the Campaign node and, once your program is activated, is sent to any contact reaching the node.
Change the content of a campaign in an active program
You can change the content of a campaign that’s being used in an active program without the need to deactivate the program.
To do this:
- Go to Automation > Triggered campaign content.
- Select the campaign name.
- Edit the campaign.
- Save the campaign.
The updated version is now used for all subsequent sends from the program.
Change the campaign sent by a Campaign node
If you want to change which campaign is being sent from a Campaign node in an active program, you must deactivate the program in order to make this change.
To change the campaign being sent by a Campaign node:
- Go to Automation > All programs, and select your program name to open the program builder.
- Select DEACTIVATE THIS PROGRAM.
- Select the Campaign node to make your campaign change, and then select CHANGE CAMPAIGN.
- Select your new campaign.
- Select APPLY.
- Select ACTIVATE to re-activate the program, sending the updated campaign.