Learn to create an automated triggered campaign.
You can use triggered campaigns in a variety of ways. Here are some use case examples:
Use case 1 - the welcome email
When a contact joins an address book, you can automatically send them a campaign to thank them for signing up.
Use case 2 - the unsubscribe email
If a contact unsubscribes from an address book, you can automatically send them a campaign to get some feedback on why they're unsubscribing.
Use case 3 - the date-based email
You can also use triggered campaigns to construct simple or more complex automated programs within the program builder.
To learn more about the program builder, check out the article Getting started with the program builder.
You can trigger campaigns based on a date field in your address book, such as a contact's birthday.
Use case 4 - The action-based email
You can trigger a campaign based on an action, such as when a contact selects a link in another email.
You can create your triggered campaign in one of the following two ways:
- Go to Email > Automation > Triggered campaign content.
- Select Add new. Your new campaign is automatically set as triggered and there's no more you need to do.
You can verify this by going on to choosing your template and naming it, then clicking on Campaign settings (positioned in the top right of the campaign setup screen) and noting the 'Triggered' setting (as opposed to the usually default 'Standard').
- Go to Email > Campaigns > New campaign.
- Select your template and enter a name.
- Select Campaign settings at the top-right.
- For Format, select Triggered.
- Select Close.
- Select Save or Save & continue.
Whichever way you choose to create it, doing this will set up a triggered type campaign and you won't be able to send it in the same way as a standard type campaign. In the 'Campaign tags' field, we recommend tagging your transactional email campaigns with 'transactional email' and 'triggered' so you're able to easily filter them in listings. This will prove extremely useful.
View your triggered campaigns
To view your triggered campaigns, go to Email > Automation > Triggered campaign content. Triggered campaigns don't show in your All Campaigns list.
More on creating various types of automations and triggers
- Automated and triggered campaigns - an overview
- Getting started with the program builder
- Triggering a campaign when a contact joins an address book
- Triggering a campaign when a contact unsubscribes from an address book
- Triggering an automatic response whenever a contact replies to any campaign they've been sent
- Triggering an automatic response whenever a contact replies to a specific campaign they've been sent
- Using 'verified double opt-in'
- Resubscribing a contact to a campaign after they've been unsubscribed