Learn how to create a triggered campaign for use in automation.
A triggered campaign is a campaign used as part of an automated action.
Example ways you can use a triggered campaign:
- Automatically send a campaign to contacts who join an address book.
- Send an auto responder to anyone who replies to one of your email campaigns.
- Send a campaign through a campaign node in an automated program.
Once you have set a campaign’s type to Triggered you can create and edit the campaign in EasyEditor in the same way as you would a standard campaign. Any changes you make to a triggered campaign are active from the time you save the changes — meaning your contacts begin to see the updated version from the next campaign send.
Create a triggered campaign
There are two ways that you can create a triggered campaign:
In the Automation area
To do this:
- Go to Email > Automation > Triggered campaign content.
- Select ADD NEW.
- Continue with creating your campaign in the usual way.
To learn more, check out the article Create, test and send an email campaign.
Your new campaign is automatically set as triggered and there's nothing extra you need to do.
You can check this once you reach the Create step of the campaign building process. To see the campaign type, select CAMPAIGN SETTINGS in the top right.
During campaign creation
To do this:
- Go to Email > Email campaigns > New campaign.
- Select your template and enter a name, then select CONTINUE.
- Select CAMPAIGN SETTINGS in the top right.
- For Type, select TRIGGERED.
- Select APPLY.
- Select SAVE or SAVE & CONTINUE.
To learn how to change an existing standard campaign to a triggered campaign, check out the article Convert a standard campaign into a triggered campaign.
To learn how to change a triggered campaign into a standard campaign, check out the article Convert a triggered campaign into a standard campaign.
A helpful tip: campaign tags
As triggered campaigns have different uses than your standard campaigns, you might want to use the Campaign tags feature to identify your triggered campaigns, or even different types of triggered campaigns, for example, Welcome emails or Form submission confirmation. Adding tags means you can easily filter your reports and list views which can be extremely useful. To learn more, check out the article Grouping campaigns together using tags.
View your triggered campaigns
To view your triggered campaigns, you must go to Email > Automation > Triggered campaign content.
The All campaigns list under Email > Email campaigns > All campaigns is only for standard campaigns.