Learn how to view and monitor the metrics of your SMS campaigns and single sends.
It's all about the results, and we've made it easy for you to see important metrics using SMS reporting for campaigns and single sends!
View SMS reports
To access your SMS reports:
- Go to the SMS channel.
- Expand the Reporting drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Choose to view reports for either Campaign sends (a campaign that's sent to a group of contacts) or Single sends (a campaign that's sent to a single contact).
We understand that seeing the metrics of a campaign that's sent to a lot of people is critical to your marketing, so we've made it easy to do.
On the My reports page, your sent campaigns are listed, along with details on who last modified them, how many have been sent, how many have been delivered, how many total and unique link clicks (if applicable), and the date and time the campaign was last sent.
If you had link shortening and tracking turned on for your campaign, you’ll also be able to see the total amount of clicks and unique clicks for each link.
Select the campaign name to go into the campaign's report.
There are five tabs into which contacts are divided and listed, depending upon the SMS report status received for them:
- Delivered: This indicates that your message has been successfully sent and delivered to your contacts.
- Pending: This indicates that, whilst your message has been sent and is with the contact's network, it hasn't yet been possible to deliver it to your contact's mobile phone yet (for instance, their phone may be switched off). It may take time to deliver the message.
- Soft bounces: This indicates that the time period allowed for message delivery expired, and as a result, the message wasn't delivered. A network will allow for a certain amount of time when attempting to deliver a message to a contact's phone and, whilst this will differ between networks, it will usually be somewhere between two to three days. This can happen when a phone is out of range and remains out of range, or if it is switched off for this period.
- Hard bounces: This indicates that your message has failed to deliver. There are a number of reasons why this might happen; the number isn't correct (for example, a digit could be out of place) or mobile networks have reported this number is no longer live. Other reasons to bear in mind are that some smartphones only allow delivery of messages from known numbers, whilst older devices can have an inbox storage limit which might be at capacity. These reasons aren't explicitly provided in reporting. Unless you turn this feature off, any number that hard bounces three times is added automatically to your suppressed list, to ensure you don’t send to these invalid numbers in the future. If you want to turn this feature off:
- Go to Settings > Account > Account settings.
- Select the Suppress SMS contacts that have hard bounced (recommended) check box under the Features heading.
- Click Save settings.
- Deleted: This indicates numbers that have been deleted by a network.
This is real-time reporting. You can keep refreshing the report, or come back to it later, and see the statuses change as your SMS campaign continues to get delivered. You'll be able to do this for a few days, after which time networks will expire undelivered messages.
Maybe you're looking to target a specific contact and want metrics on their interaction with your single SMS campaign - no worries!
If you send a message using the 'Send single message' page, or via the API, or via a program node, then this report lists your single sends.
It provides details on the number it was sent to, the country, the date and time it was sent, and the starting content of the message.
You can click on Preview to see the full message content.