Learn to add the Chat widget embed code to your website.
Copy and paste the auto-generated code to your site's source code to make the Chat widget show on your website. Your visitors can then use the widget to get on-the-spot help from your agents.
Adding the Chat widget to a website
To embed the chat widget on your site:
- In Engagement Cloud, go to Chat > Settings.
- Once you've customised your widget, click View code.
- Select Yes or No for Auth Callback.
- On the pop-up side panel, click Copy to clipboard.
- Paste the copied script into the head section on the pages of your website where you want the chat widget to appear. The script is compatible with tag managers, like Google Tag Manager.
- The chat widget appears on the bottom right-hand side of your website.
Auth Callback explained
Auth Callback allows you to integrate the chat widget into your existing authentication system. When you configure auth callback, any contacts created in Engagement Cloud using Chat have the same user ID as in their corresponding accounts on your website. If you're not sure about how to use Auth Callback, we recommend using the chat widget with Auth Callback set to No – you'll still get all the great features of Chat.
That's it! Visit your page to see Chat in action.