Learn to export a contact's information and their chat history in the Engagement Cloud.
When you export a contact, you download a zip file containing two files: a CSV file containing the contact's information and a JSON file of their chat history.
Exporting a contact and their chat history
To export a contact’s information and message history:
- On the chat interface, click the chat session of the contact you want to export – this opens the chat window.
- Click the Contact actions drop-down menu in the right column of the chat window.
- Click Export contact, and wait on the Exports page until the status changes to Finished.
- Click Download — a zip file downloads to your local machine containing two files: the contact's information in CSV and their message history in JSON.
- Unzip the file to access either of the files.
Exporting a chat visitor's contact information and message history