Learn to create a simple form or survey to collect contact information.
Customise your form to represent your brand, and get the information you need from your customers. After creating your form, you can link directly to it, or embed it on any page of your site.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You can build a form on the Pages and forms editor, but for a form to differ from a page, it must include at least one input option from the Form blocks menu and at least one action button.
- To create a new form, you must have the Edit campaign permission.
To learn more, check out the article Understanding user default permissions.
Create a form on a page
To start creating a form:
- Go to Pages and forms, and select NEW PAGE OR FORM.
- Choose a template.
For this example, we choose Blank form.
- Enter a Page name, and expand the location drop-down menu to choose a location for your form.
- Select Continue.
- In the Form editor, edit and customise any template elements.
- To add form elements, expand the Form blocks section in the left panel and drag any form-related elements onto your form canvas.
- To add general items, such as headings and text, expand the Building blocks section in the left panel and drag any elements onto your form canvas.
- Select Save.
You're asked to set up your Submit actions. To learn how, see Step 2: Configure Submit actions.
Step 2: Configure Submit actions
After saving your form in Step 1, a side panel appears asking you to set up your Submit actions. Use the submit actions to decide how many times a user can submit a form, and what happens to the respondents who submit a form.
To configure your submit actions:
- Under Respondents can complete the form choose either Once or Multiple times.
- To add respondents to an address book. Under the heading Add respondents > To address book, select Select and choose the address book you want to add respondents to.
- To enrol respondents on a program. Under the heading Add respondents > Enrol onto program, select Select and choose the program you want to enrol respondents onto.
- Select Apply.
Step 3: Publish your form
To publish your form:
- On the Form editor, select Publish.
- Under the heading Address, select Create a link.
This creates a URL for your form.
- Expand the Publish on drop-down menu, and choose the domain you want to publish your form on.
- Under Friendly part, enter the friendly part of your URL.
Use something recognisable and easy to remember.
- Select Apply.
- Under the heading Launch, select Publish and then Save and publish to make your form live.
- If you want to embed your form; under the heading Generate embed or pop-over code, select either Generate embed code or Generate pop-over code.
You don't need to do this, you can just visit and share the direct link. To learn more about embedding forms, check out the articles Embed a page on a site and Add a form as a pop-over on a site.
- To view your form, select Visit link.