An email campaign is an email that you create, store, and send from your account. After creating an email campaign, you can perform the following actions:
- Preview your campaign to see how it looks on different devices
- Test send your campaign to see how it will look in different email clients and different devices. Alternatively, you can pay for an inbox and spam filter test for an extensive set of results.
- Track your campaign to see how it performs after it's been sent
- Send your campaign to different address books or segments
Types of email campaigns
You can create the following two types of email campaigns:
A standard campaign is sent manually, either immediately or scheduled for a later time.
A standard campaign is the only type of campaign that can be test sent and sent as a split test (also known as A/B testing).
A triggered campaign is sent automatically when an action or certain criteria is met, for example:
- When contacts reply to your campaign, you can send them a triggered campaign as an auto-responder
- When contacts opt in to an address book, you can send them a triggered campaign as a join action
- When contacts opt in to your address book, you can send them a triggered campaign as a confirmation email
- When contacts reach a node in the program builder, you can send them a triggered campaign through the campaign node
If you'd like to automatically send one of your standard campaigns, you can change its type from standard to triggered.
Personalising content in email campaigns
We offer the following options for sending personalised content to contacts:
- Dynamic content: Displays personalised content for contacts depending on the values of their contact data fields
- External dynamic content: Displays personalised content that's served from an external server
- Advanced personalisation: Displays personalised content, using a subset of Liquid markup language
Sending email campaigns in different languages
As well as our default character encoding of Unicode (UTF-8), which is best for Latin-based characters, we also offer character encodings that support other languages.