You can use the platform to automate your emails, which means your email marketing is working even when you're not, turning your lead and conversion generation into an automated production line. Triggered campaigns can be used for a variety of reasons - from customers' birthdays, to their buying patterns and expressed preferences, from seasons and holiday dates to life cycle milestones.
Furthermore, the setup of triggered campaigns in your account is a requirement if you want to use the program builder, allowing you to develop detailed automated programs.
Triggered campaigns and all of your automation requirements can be found under the Automation section of the platform. To go to the automation section, go to Email > Automation.
Under this section, you can access the following:
- the Program builder
- Triggered campaign content - this lists all of your campaigns that have been set up as triggered campaigns
- Default autoresponder
Types of triggered campaigns and automation tools
There are several ways to use triggered campaigns and automation tools within the system:
- Create detailed automations in Program builder
If your needs are simpler, however, we also offer the following:
- Address book triggers - every time someone joins or unsubscribes from one of your address books, you can set a particular campaign to be sent to them automatically.
- Date triggers - you can create one trigger or a series of triggers based on date fields within your address books. For example, if you hold the date of birth on your contacts, you could send a campaign automatically wishing them a happy birthday using the program builder.
- Default auto responder - you can trigger a default email response if a recipient replies to any one of your campaigns, perhaps letting them know that they've replied to an unmonitored email address and providing alternative contact details.
- Specific auto responders for specific campaigns - you can also trigger a different auto response for different campaigns.
- Verified double opt-in confirmation - you can set up a triggered email to confirm your contacts really do want to receive your email.
- Resubscribe confirmation - when using a signup form on your website that was generated using the application, contacts can resubscribe after having previously unsubscribed, and an automated email is sent to them to ask them to confirm their resubscription. Using the signup form will also ensure our resubscribe process is using your branding.
The first step in using any of the above triggers, however, is to make sure that the campaign sent as a result of the trigger is created as a 'triggered' campaign.