Scheduled maintenance and upgrade for dotMailer on 18 April 2012 is now complete and includes the following upgrades and changes:
New API methods
Two new API methods have been added:
- ListPrivateAddressBooks - which lists the private address books in an account
- ListPublicAddressBooks - which lists the public address books in an account
The icons used across dotMailer have been updated; so look out for fresher looking icons for 'Edit', 'Copy', 'Reports' and a whole lot more.
Under the bonnet changes
Some changes have been made which won't be visible to users:
- Further changes to our billing setup
- Provisional changes to the API to make way for more integrations
- Provisional work for enabling more translations in dotMailer
For Corporate accounts and dotMailer Resellers
- No specific changes of note.
Other tweaks and improvements
We've also upgraded and tweaked a several other features including:
- Changes to the signposting from Classic Editor to EasyEditor, including a new video (not enabled for resellers)
- We fixed a bug that should allow ReMails to be sent much faster (in some cases 90 times faster).
- The tracking site now fully supports cultural date formats (previously when we showed a datetime, we would sometimes just show the date and not the time, for example).
- A bug has been fixed where a cancelled campaign would not appear in some sections of the app.
- Substantial changes to our SMS send mechanism to make reporting receipts more resilient. (Or, as one of our developers described, "We made it better".)