Learn to add, switch between, and remove SMS versions for your split test SMS campaigns.
Once you've set up the split test SMS campaign, it's time to set up your split test versions.
Using different split test versions lets you test different content to see what works best. In the SMS editor, you can switch between versions, create new versions (there's a maximum of 10), and remove versions you don't need anymore.
Before you start
Things you need to know.
- Before following the steps below, you must have set up your SMS campaign to use split testing.
> To learn more, check out the article Set up a split test SMS campaign
Create a new split test version
To create additional split test SMS versions:
- In the SMS editor, there are two versions automatically available for you – Version A and Version B.
- To add a new version, select the + icon next to the version tabs.
Switch between split test versions
To switch between each of your split test SMS versions:
- In the SMS editor, there are two versions automatically available for you – Version A and Version B. Any additional versions you've added are also visible.
- To switch to a version, select the version tab you want to edit. This lets you see and edit the content for that version.
You can choose a different from name for each individual version.
Removing a split test version
If you don't need one of your additional split test versions, you can remove it in the editor.
To remove an unneeded split test SMS version:
- Go to the SMS editor.
- Select the red X icon next to the version tab of the version you want to remove.
You must always have at least two versions (A and B) for a split test SMS campaign.