Learn how to suppress a contact in an SMS address book.
You can suppress a individual contacts or multiple contacts in your SMS address books. Suppressing a contact removes them from every address book they're in, including the All contacts address book.
Suppress a contact in an address book
To suppress a contact in your SMS address book:
- Go to SMS > Contacts.
- Choose an address book.
- Select the check boxes of contacts that you want to unsubscribe from the address book.
- In the More actions drop-down menu, choose Suppress from account.
You can no longer send these contacts SMS messages.
Resubscribe a contact
- SMS contacts can resubscribe themselves by texting START or UNSTOP.
- You can manually resubscribe hard bounced contacts.
- You cannot resubscribe suppressed or unsubscribed contacts.